Central Coastal Agritoxins Monitoring (CCAM) Community Outreach and Education Program
The program focuses on alleviating the impacts of agritoxins on the health of farm workers and residents of communities adjacent to farm areas. Wishtoyo and the VCK have undertaken, and will strive to undertake these tasks:
- Creation and maintenance of a community outreach program to educate farm workers and surrounding community members about pesticides dangers, occupational health and safety issues, and exposure symptoms.
- Creation of a resource listing regarding pesticide illness symptoms, treatment options and reporting agencies.
- Aggressive pursuit of corrective measures to enforce
state and federal laws.
- Transition to less-toxic farming methods;
- Provision of organic farming education.
To read the Agritoxins White Paper click here.